Shade Tree Board
The Shade Tree Board meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 12:00 noon in the Development & Engineering Services Building Annex.
Agendas & Minutes
About the Shade Tree Board
The Shade Tree Board is responsible for administering the tree ordinance. The duties of the board include the following:
- Develop and administer a master tree plan for the city that is subject to review and approval by the traffic engineer.
- Develop and review, as necessary, recommended policies to carry out the intent of this chapter.
- Assist in coordinating tree-related activities.
- Coordinate publicity concerning the tree ordinance requirements.
- Conduct an Arbor Day ceremony.
- Provide tree information to the community.
- Maintain a recommended tree list for the community.
- Recognize groups and individuals completing tree projects.
- Coordinate donations of trees or money to purchase trees.
- Hear citizen concerns regarding tree problems during scheduled meetings.
- Perform other tree-related duties and opportunities that arise from time to time.
The Tree Board has nine board members, serving two-year staggered terms.
Members & Expiration
- David May Jr. (Council)
- Jo Benjamin
- Amy Banks (MainStreet)
- Dale Hughes (Council)
- Will Jones
- Dennis Epperson
- Tim Henderson (CU)
- Matt Coleman
- Milan Blake