Stormwater Regulation Board
The Stormwater Regulation Board meets as needed in the Municipal Building.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
August 29, 2013 (PDF)
Minutes are also available following approval.
August 29, 2013 (PDF)
The Stormwater Regulation Board consists of five members, serving four-year staggered terms.
- Chris Berry
- Avery Johnson
- Kent Berry
- Travis Henry
- Mickey Torbett
The Stormwater Regulation Board shall consist of five members and shall be appointed by the City Council. The City Council shall appoint members with the following qualifications:
- One environmental engineer, environmental scientist, or environmental technician
- One attorney
- One person employed or retired from an industrial or commercial establishment regulated by this article
- Two persons that shall not a have any particular qualifications, but to the extent practical shall be selected to maintain diversity on the board
Initial appointments to the Stormwater regulations board shall be staggered as follows:
- Two seats for a term of 1 year
- Two seats for a term of 2 years
- One seat for a term of 3 years
- Subsequent appointments to each sear are to be for terms of 4 years
Contact the Staff
The Stormwater Board has been staffed by the Development and Engineering Department of the City of Cleveland and may be reached at (423) 479-1913.
Function & Authority
The Stormwater Board functions are to:
- Recommend from time to time to the city council that it amend or modify the provisions of this chapter
- Hold hearings upon appeals from orders or actions of the stormwater program manager, the public works director, or building official as may be provided under any provision of this chapter
- Hold hearings relating to the suspension, revocation, or modification of a stormwater discharge permit and issue appropriate orders relating thereto
- Hold hearings relating to an appeal concerning any civil penalty imposed under this chapter
- Hold such other hearings as may be required in the administration of this chapter and to make such determinations and issue such orders as may be necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter
- Request assistance from any officer, agent, or employee of the city and to obtain such information or other assistance as the board might need
- Issue subpoenas requiring attendance and testimony of witnesses and the production of documentary evidence relevant to any matter properly heard by the board
- Administer oaths to those persons giving testimony before the board
- Staff Reports
- Rules of Procedure for the Stormwater Regulation Board - City Code 18-312