The Human Resources Department is responsible for all employee recruitment, examination, selection, and orientation. He also advises departments on personal grievances, disciplinary actions, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), FLSA, and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) compliance. He is responsible for administering the city's pay and fringe benefits programs, including payroll preparation.
The City of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to a moral, ethical and legal responsibility to ensure equitable employment practices regardless of an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability or political affiliation. It is the policy of the City of Cleveland to ensure that all personally identifiable information is held in the strictest confidence, property safeguarded and the use of such information is limited to valid business, regulatory or legal requirements.
Human Resources Department also:
- Prepares and process personnel and payroll records / files
- Prepares and distribute payroll checks
- Prepares monthly reports on retirement, life insurance, medical insurance, employment statistics and related matters and forwards them to the appropriate agency in a timely manner
- Completes employment and wage statements, W-2s and other forms
- Calculates benefits and tax costs for payroll purposes
- Processes deductions
- Processes personnel changes and status changes and updates records.