What can I do if I think my property valuation is wrong?
Any citizen can appeal his or her property valuation. Appeals can be started by calling the Bradley County Assessor´s office at (423) 728-7126. There the appeal will be reviewed by the appraisal staff. If you disagree with their findings, you may make an appeal to the Board of Equalization, as the appeals board is called, which is made up of local citizens. You may file an appeal at any time, but they are only heard in the spring of each year and the decision will affect only the taxes for the year in which the appeal is heard.

Show All Answers

1. What if I do not receive a tax bill?
2. What if I have recently refinanced my mortgage and I’m not sure if the company has paid the taxes?
3. My mortgage company escrows my taxes and insurance, do I forward the bill to my mortgage company?
4. I am a new owner, will the property tax bill be sent to me?
5. Are partial payments accepted for my taxes?
6. If property taxes are not paid, will the property be sold?
7. Is there any tax relief for elderly and permanently disabled citizens?
8. How do I change my property tax billing address?
9. Who determines the valuation of my property?
10. What can I do if I think my property valuation is wrong?
11. Is paying my property tax bill online safe?
12. What form of online property tax payment can I use?
13. Why is my email required on the online payment page?
14. How will I know if my online property tax payment is received before the bill due date?
15. What is tangible personal property?