The Mechanical Board meets as needed in the Municipal Building.
The Mechanical Board consists of seven members, serving two-year staggered terms.
- Dennis Norman
- Dennis Epperson
- Barry Savage (TVA)
- Randy Howard (Chatt Gas)
- Charles Gentry
- Luke Thomason (CU)
- Mark Woods
The Mechanical Board shall consist of 7 members, to be appointed by the city council. One member shall be a state licensed mechanical contractor, CMC-C. Members of the mechanical board shall hold office for a term of 2 until a successor is appointed or until the member is removed by the city council.
Beginning January 1, 2012, appointments to the mechanical board shall be staggered as follows:
- Two seats for a term of 1 year
- Two seats for a term of 2 years
- Three seats for a term of 3 years
- The members of the mechanical board should consist of at least:
- One representative of the Chattanooga Gas Cleveland Service Center.
- One representative of the Cleveland Utilities electrical division.
- One member of the general public
- One member who hold state mechanical contractor's license.
- One member who holds state general contractor's license classification BC:AB or BC-A.
- One member from TVA Cleveland Service Center.
- One member who is a licensed architect or license engineer, by the State of Tennessee.
Contact the Staff
The Mechanical Board has been staffed by the Development and Engineering Department of the City of Cleveland and may be reached at (423) 479-1913.
Function & Authority
The Mechanical Board functions to hear and decide appeals from any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the Development and Engineering staff, including but not limited to the building official, or their agents in the enforcement of this ordinance; and to hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of this ordinance upon which such mechanical board appeals under such regulations may be required to pass; and to hear and decide specific variances.