Bulk Trash Collection
- Brush removal is limited to one trailer load per resident per week. Any additional brush will be picked up on your next scheduled route day.
- Brush must be no more than 24 inches in diameter. Larger pieces (15 to 24 inches in diameter) can be no more than 2 feet in length, and smaller pieces (up to 14 inches in diameter) can be no more than 7 feet in length. Stumps and trunks will not be picked up.
- Brush must be free of debris.
- Brush from lot clearing will not be picked up.
When placing brush curbside, make sure you are not creating a traffic hazard or other safety issue.
Bulk Item/Yard Waste/Debris Removal
- Place yard waste in a separate pile from other bulk/debris items.
- Leaves and grass clippings must be bagged for removal except during the months of October through February.
- Bagged debris should be placed in clear plastic bags. Items place in dark bags are often mistaken for regular household garbage (which is not picked up by Public Works).
- Demolition debris will not be picked up.
- Hazardous Material (paint, motor oil, etc.), tires, block or block material, concrete, dirt or shingles will not be picked up.
- Debris from lot clearing will not be picked up.
Items must be placed curbside for collection so that it is easily accessible. If items are place so that there is a potential for property damage by our equipment, it will not be picked up.
Items may be placed curbside the evening before your route day and no later than 7 a.m. the day of collection.
Route Search and Calendar
Your pick up day is determined by your location within the city limits. You will need to establish your route/zone by typing in your street name or numerical address (e.g., Mouse Creek, Ocoee or 2134) in the empty search box and clicking search. The route information will be displayed under "Bulk Item/Yard Waste/Debris Removal: Route 7 inches.
Routes/Zones are currently being picked up on a weekly schedule with the exception of when our office is closed for observed holidays. Any and all days affected will resume pick up the next week. Routes 1 & 6 are picked up on Mondays; 2 & 7 on Tuesdays; 3 & 8 on Wednesdays; 4 & 9 on Thursdays; and 5 & 10 on Fridays. From time to time, inclement weather may also cause our schedule to change or become disrupted. Please contact our office if you have any questions; and remember that we are doing our very best under the circumstances and will resume normal schedule just as quickly as we are able.
Dump Truck Use
Public Works offers overnight and weekend use of dump trucks for removal of bulk rubbish for residents of the City of Cleveland. The requested vehicle will be dropped off at the desired location between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. and will be picked up the next business day after 7:00 a.m. Removal of regular junk items and use of the vehicles are free of charge; however, due to our route system now servicing residents on a weekly schedule, dump truck usage is limited to once a month. This service is not available during the months of November and December. Demolition debris, hazardous materials and tires should not be placed in the dump truck. Non-compliance may result in you no longer being able to utilize this service.